or Email
What are the rules for transferring patient records?

A patient is entitled to a copy of their dental records and their request should be in writing. They can receive a copy directly or have their records transferred to any dentist of the patient’s choosing. The dentist may charge a reasonable fee for duplication of the records.

Can a dentist dismiss me as a patient?

Yes, a dentist can dismiss you as a patient. However the dentist shall not discontinue that care without having first given notice of that intention and shall endeavor to arrange for continuity of care with colleagues.

I need some clinical advice, who do I ask?

Clinical advice about dental procedures and/or dental treatment should be directed to a dentist.

How can I find a new dentist?

The Office of the Registrar of the Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Board cannot provide referrals to dentists. You may need to check with the different dental offices to inquire if they are accepting new patients, ask friends or you may want to ask the Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Association to see if they are aware of dentists who may be accepting new patients.

Copywright © 2020