Registered Dental Assistants are eligible for Licensure with the Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Board if they meet one of the following:
- If an applicant graduates from an accredited program and applies for licensure within 3 years from date of graduation, and holds an NDAEB Certificate they are eligible for licensure.
- If an applicant graduates from an Accredited Program and applies for licensure more than 3 years after date of graduation, and holds the NDAEB Certificate , the applicant must complete a Clinical Practice Evaluation to be eligible for licensure.
- If an applicant graduates from a Non- Accredited Program, and holds the NDAEB Certificate, the applicant must complete a Clinical Practice Evaluation to be eligible for licensure.
- The Newfoundland & Labrador Dental Board will consider, under the MRA for Dental Assistants, a Registered Dental Assistant who is currently licensed or certified and in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction.
If the applicant meets either of the above criteria, the following are required to complete the application:
- Provide a Copy of the Certificate from the School from where you graduated.
- Complete Application form and have properly notarized by a Commissioner of Oaths, Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or a Lawyer.
- Provide a copy of the NDAEB Certificate and if necessary the Clinical Practice Evaluation Certificate.
- Proof of CPR – Level C – AED (valid for 2 years from date of issuance).
- If an applicant has ever held a licence in any other jurisdiction you must provide a Letter of Good Standing from each of these licensing Boards.
- Proof of current membership with the Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Assistant’s Association.
- The Registration Fee is $35.00 and the Licensing Fee is $120.00 however the Licensing Fee is prorated per month with any part of a month considered a full month ($10 per month). Fees must accompany the application.